Here are some wine recipes you can make with Hummingbird Ridge wine or serve with Hummingbird Ridge wine. Drink our wine with all your favorite foods.
1. Recipe: Here is an easy and delicious recipe that is perfect for Holiday parties. We featured it at the Wine Just off the Vine wine trail event and everybody loved it, Hummingbird Ridge Winery Easy Ruby Meatballs Recipe.
Ingredients: 1/4 cup Hummingbird Ridge Ruby Elixir wine; 1 can (14oz) jellied cranberry sauce; 1 bottle (12oz) chili sauce; 3/4 cup packed brown sugar; 1/2 tspn chili powder; 1/2 tspn ground cumin; 1/4 tspn cayenne pepper; 1 package (32oz) frozen fully cooked home style meatballs, thawed.
Instructions: Pour yourself a glass of Ruby Elixir wine. In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the first 7 ingredients; stir until sugar is dissolved. Add meatballs; cook for 20-25 minutes or until hot, stirring occasionally. Makes about 6 dozen. Serve with Hummingbird Ridge Ruby Elixir. This sauce is also wonderful over chicken, pork, and meatloaf. Enjoy!
2. Recipe:Gourmet Toasted Cheese Sandwiches- Here is a simple way to take Toasted Cheese Sandwiches to a whole new level. We featured these at our last Wine & Cheese event and they were a big hit. Ingredients: Slices of your favorite bread, Brie cheese, 2 Granny Smith apples (cored peeled and sliced). Butter the backs of the bread, place several slices of Brie cheese and several slices of apple on the dry inside of the bread. Toast until cheese is melted and outside of bread is golden brown. Serve with Hummingbird Ridge Semi-dry Riesling and
3. Recipe: Here is an easy and delicious recipe that is perfect for your Holiday parties and dinners. We featured it at our Wine & Cheese Tasting & Seminar, Gorgonzola & Walnut Stuffed Mushrooms: Ingredients: 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese; 1/4 cup Panko crumbs; 1/4 cup Heluva Good French Onion Dip; 1/4 cup chopped walnuts; 1 Tblsp. minced garlic; 16 medium mushroom caps. Preheat oven to Bake at 350 degrees. Mix together the first 5 ingredients. Wash mushrooms, Take mushroom stems out and discard the stems. Stuff the mushroom caps with the mixture and bake on a cookie sheet until mushrooms are soft and the cheese is brown, about 10-15 minutes. Serve with Hummingbird Ridge Red Reserve wine. Enjoy!
4. Recipe: Here is a delicious recipe that will warm you up over the winter with a taste of Hawaii. We featured it at our Wine and Cheese event last year and it was a big hit, Hummingbird Ridge Winery "Hawaiian Cheese Bread" Recipe
Ingredients: 1 bottle Hummingbird Ridge Semi-dry Riesling; 1 loaf (1 pound) Hawaiian Sweet Bread (available at most grocery stores); 8 ounce block of Swiss cheese; 1 small red onion, chopped; 1/2 cup butter, melted; 3 garlic cloves, minced; 1 teaspoon salt.
Instructions: Pour yourself a glass of Hummingbird Ridge Semi-dry Riesling and sip while preparing bread. Cut bread into 1 inch slices down to 1 inch from bottom of loaf (Do not slice all the way through loaf, leave 1 inch). Repeat cuts in opposite direction to intersect with first cuts. Cut swiss cheese into 1/4 inch slices. Insert cheese into bread between cuts. Combine onion, butter, garlic, and salt and spoon over bread. Wrap loaf in foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with Hummingbird Ridge Semi-dry Riesling. Enjoy!!!
5. Recipe: Delicious Special Spaghetti Sauce from a Jar in Minutes: Most spaghetti sauces in a jar at the supermarket are bland and watery, but who has the time to make it from scratch. An easy solution is to “doctor” up the jar sauce and turn it into a delicious flavorful sauce in minutes. Of course, you will need some delicious Hummingbird Ridge wine for the sauce and for the cook. 1) Pour yourself a glass of Hummingbird Red Wine 2) Pour your favorite jar spaghetti sauce into a sauce pan 3) Add a splash of Hummingbird Red wine from your wine glass into the sauce and add a drizzle of good olive oil 4) Add your favorite herbs, fresh or from your spice rack 5) Simmer on medium heat for 10-15 minutes 6) Serve over pasta and Enjoy! Quick and Easy and much more flavorful! And if you want to kick it up even more, while the sauce is simmering, sauté some onions in good olive oil with mushrooms, pork or turkey sausage or pepperoni and add to the sauce. Add anything you want, the options are endless.
6. Recipe:Cog Au Vin Blanc (Chicken Vegetable Stew with White Wine) This was such a hit during the Tour de Tanks last month and we had so many requests for the recipe that we decided to feature the recipe this month:
Ingredients: 3 Chicken Breasts (with bone) with skin on; 4 Tablespoons Butter; 1 onion diced; 4 celery ribs diced; 3 Tablespoons chicken base or to taste; 3 quarts water; 2 bags frozen mixed vegetables; 1 box of small sized pasta; 3 small cans of tomato soup; 2 cups of Hummingbird White wine
Directions- Boil chicken until cooked. Pick the chicken off the bone. Set aside and let cool. In a soup pot, saute onion and celery in butter until soft. Add 3 quarts of water and chicken base. Bring to a boil. Add 2 bags of frozen mixed vegetables and the box of pasta. Add the tomato soup, the chicken pieces, and the wine. Salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 20 minutes.
Since Hummingbird White wine is used in the recipe, it's only natural to enjoy a glass of Hummingbird Ridge White wine with this stew. Enjoy!!!
7. Recipe:Wine and Chocolate Cupcakes
3 cups all purpose flour
2 cups granulated sugar
1 Tbs baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups Hummingbird Ridge Pordevino, Reserve Red, or Hummingbird Red
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup dark chocolate chips (melted)Directions
1. Preheat oven to 325º F.
2. Line 2 cupcake pans. (Tip: After you line the pans, spray the liners with some non-stick spray. It will keep the cupcakes from sticking to the paper.
3. In a large mixing bowl sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder. Mix everything so that it is evenly distributed.
4. Make a ?well? in the center of the dry ingredients.
5. Into the well, pour in the wine, vanilla, oil and eggs.
6. Mix on low speed until combined and lump free.
7. Pour in the melted chocolate chips and mix until thoroughly combined.
8. Fill lined cupcake pan. Fill each liner to the top.
9. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. The cupcakes will puff quite a bit, and when done should be slightly firm to the touch, but be able to spring back.
10. Let cool slightly before dipping in chocolate wine topping.
Chocolate Wine topping
This makes a lot, but the leftovers can be used as a topping for ice cream and other sweet treats.
2 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
1 14oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup red wine (same as used in the cupcakes)
1/2 cup karo syrup
4 tsp balsamic vinegar
1. Microwave everything in a microwave safe bowl for two minutes.
2. Remove from microwave, carefully, and stir until smooth and shiny.
3. Let cool, and dip cupcake tops into the chocolate.
4. Repeat after they've set up a bit
8. Recipe: Super Tender Beef Tenderloin: Ingredients: 6 cloves garlic, peeled & slivered; 1 cup soy sauce; 1/4 cup olive oil; 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce; 1 cup (plus 2 glasses for the cook and some for your guests) Hummingbird Ridge Pordevino port wine; 1 teaspoon black pepper; 1 teaspoon dried thyme; 1 bay leaf; 5 lbs beef tenderloin
Directions: Pour a glass of Hummingbird Ridge Pordevino port wine for the cook. Take a sip of port. Make small slits in the tenderloin and insert the garlic slivers; set aside. In a large bowl, (or a Reynolds turkey oven bag for easy clean-up and marinating) combine all of the remaining ingredients; mix well. Take a sip of port. Add tenderloin. Take a sip of port. Cover and marinate the tenderloin OVERNIGHT & finish the glass of port.
The next day, Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Pour a glass of Hummingbird Ridge Pordevino port wine for the cook. Take a sip of port. Coat a roasting pan with non-stick cooking spray. Take a sip of port. Remove the meat from the marinade and place on a rack like broiler pan. Folding the ends under roast so tenderloin is of uniform size. Discard the marinade. Take a sip of port. Roast the tenderloin for 45-55 minutes for medium- rare or to desired doneness (watch carefully- oven temperatures can vary). Take a sip of port. Allow to sit for 15 minutes before slicing crosswise to serve. Serve with Hummingbird Ridge Pordevino port wine. Enjoy!!!
9. Recipe: This recipe is a unique, flavorful and easy Holiday Party drink recipe made with Hummingbird Ridge Winery’s “Hummingbird White” wine. We have been featuring this Warm Holiday Cider Wine recipe at the tasting room for the Holidays and everyone has just loved it! And it’s sooooooooo easy!
In a crock pot or coffee warmer, mix half “Hummingbird White” wine and half Apple Cider (our friends at Triple A Acres make the best fresh apple cider! You can find them at the Newberrytown Peddlers Market [our neighbors] on Saturdays & Sundays). Warm it up and ENJOY!!! It’s that simple, and your holiday guests will think that you slaved for hours preparing it. Optional: Add cinnamon stick or spice bag to your taste.
10 Recipe : This recipe celebrates Autumn and is for all of you dessert-lovers out there. This Pumpkin Bundt Cake is so moist and delicious, you won’t be able to stop at just one piece:
1 cup vegetable oil or Canola Oil, 3 eggs, 1 can (15-oz. size) pumpkin, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 2 cups white sugar, 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1 teaspoon ground allspice, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon ground cloves, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup chopped nuts (0ptional)
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease one 10 inch Bundt or tube pan. Cream oil, beaten eggs, pumpkin and vanilla together.
Sift the flour, sugar, baking soda, ground nutmeg, ground allspice, ground cinnamon, ground cloves and salt together. Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and mix until just combined. If desired, stir in some chopped nuts. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
Bake at 350degrees for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cake cool in pan for 5 minutes then turn out onto a plate. Let cool and dust with powdered sugar. (Or, frost with cream cheese frosting or a powdered sugar glaze). This goes great with Hummingbird Ridge “Sweet Dreams” wine. ENJOY!!!